A British Chartered Accountant, and multi disciplinary academic with an undergraduate degree in Applied Biochemistry, Sunita teaches across all grades including IGCSE, ACT, SAT and the International Baccalaureate, specializing in English Language, Literature and French as well as Economics and Business Management Studies.
She is a highly experienced academic coach and mentor who has successfully nurtured and supported more than two hundred students through the crucial years, from high school subject choices and examinations to UK and US university applications.
Understanding the value of applying knowledge and developing holistically, Sunita has extended her expertise beyond the academic world and is an established script writer with plays successfully staged internationally including “Trikon – The War Within”, “A Friendly Fire” and Panchathantra- A Moral Compass.
Invited to be a moderator at the Asian Festival of Children content in Singapore in 2012, Sunita’s skills at writing and the ability to convert complex content to be appealing to and relevant to contemporary audiences was acknowledged. This skill is embedded in her teaching style, where she teaches to effectively strengthen academic foundations but also to inspire and nurture creativity and thought.
Sunita’s style of teaching resonates extremely well with students and is part of her success, with many students studying all subjects with her from early grades through to university admissions.
Prior to moving to Singapore in 2008, Sunita was a business school lecturer in the UK, specializing in Accounting and Finance alongside her role as a senior external auditor for the Audit Commission. Corporate experience and real life application of theories is incorporated into teaching in order to provide a valuable and enriching learning experience for students.
Sunita has worked closely with both students and adults as a professional mentor for the Audit Commission, coaching adults for professional accounting examinations and also developing writing skills when they return back to education.
In addition to her students, extensive academic experience with her own three children, who have studied in British independent and state schools, Singaporean local primary, secondary schools and international schools and finally to UK universities, has added to her plethora of knowledge and understanding of techniques and strategies that work.
- Proven expertise In teaching with more than 200 satisfied students over the last 8 years in Singapore.
- More than 15,000 hours of teaching experience.
- Personalised teaching programmes for each student
- Detailed feedback is given after each class.
- Unlike tuition centres, students always have the same teacher; building strong relationships which support them through to university.
- Innovative teaching style including debates, discussions, oral presentations.
- Constantly sourced material to keep students committed and engaged.
- As a multi-disciplinary academic, I can support each student on many levels.
- As a Native British English speaker, educated in the UK, the ability to support students through my own personal experience.
- Extensive question work banks and simulated mock exam sessions.