The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) set either by Edexcel or Cambridge (CIE), is one of the world’s most popular international qualifications for 14 to 16 year olds. Assessment takes place at the end of the course (mostly grade 10) and includes written, oral, coursework and practical assessment. It is accepted by leading universities and employers worldwide as evidence of academic ability.
Having studied all my life in the UK, I have taken the GCSE’s and am familiar with the format and assessment style and have more than 20 years of experience teaching this grade level.
The majority of my students start with me pre-IGCSE and leave once they are ready to head to university.
95% of my 2015 IGCSE cohort scored A*’s and A’s in all subjects that they studied with me.
How I can help?
- Teaching content and how to apply theory to practice
- Teaching systematic examination strategy particularly in English language and literature where this concept is poorly applied
- I prepare work banks of questions and provide detailed feedback on every piece of work submitted
- Teaching is customised to ensure individual attention and improvement
- I encourage real learning and understanding rather than memorising , creating a strong knowledge base and study skills that will support IB study
- As a biochemistry graduate, chartered accountant and a writer I am an expert in all subjects that I teach
Scheduled Group Classes