“Language is the road map of a culture. It tells you where its people come from and where they are going.”
– Rita Mae Brown
The study of IGCSE French builds strong foundations to build on for IB , where all students are required to study a foreign language.
Skills developed are
- The ability to use a foreign language as a means of practical communication
- Insight into the culture and civilisation of countries where the language is spoken
- A positive attitude towards language learning, towards the speakers of other languages, and towards other cultures and civilisations
- Techniques which can be applied to other areas of learning, such as analysis and memory skills
- A sound foundation for progression to employment or further study.
Cambridge IGCSE French
Paper 1: Listening approximately 45 minutes, candidates listen to a number of recordings and answer questions testing comprehension. 45 marks – externally assessed, 25%
Paper 2: Reading 1 hour, candidates read a number of texts and answer questions testing comprehension. 45 marks – externally assessed, 25%
Paper 3: Speaking approximately 15 minutes, candidates complete two role plays, a topic presentation/conversation and a general conversation. 100 marks – internally assessed/externally moderated, 25%
Paper 4: Writing 1 hour, candidates respond in the target language to three tasks. 50 marks – externally assessed, 25%
EDEXCEL IGCSE FRENCH
Paper 1: Listening 45 minutes – externally assessed, 25%
Paper 2: Reading and Writing 1 hour 30 minutes- externally assessed, 50 %
Paper 3: Speaking 10 minutes – externally assessed, 25 %
How I can help?
- I teach the Cambridge and Edexcel syllabus for French IGCSE
- 8 years experience teaching french
- extensive oral and listening practice
Scheduled Group Classes
|FRENCH||IGCSE||Grade 9-10||Monday||6.30-7.30 pm|