IB Spanish (Ab Initio SL)
This language acquisition course is especially designed for students with little or no previous experience in Spanish. Aimed at helping students develop the ability to communicate in Spanish, this course fosters their receptive, productive and interactive skills. The syllabus ensures that students understand the basic structures of the language, learn a range of appropriate vocabulary, and also learn to use a register and format that are appropriate to social situations.
1:1 and Group Classes
We teach a hybrid model of solo and regular timetabled group classes (currently online). We assess the individual needs of every student and, partnering with parents, mutually decide on an appropriate course of study for the student. Our general recommendation is that students start their learning in a group class and once core theory has been understood, group sessions can be complemented with solo classes to consolidate learning and address any specific concerns.
What Will I Learn?
- Mastery of core curriculum topics
- Unique question-specific strategies
- Exam techniques practiced through extensive question practice and personalised feedback
- Time management strategies
- An applied understanding and appreciation of the subject beyond the syllabus
- Lifelong subject and interdisciplinary skills
- How to achieve excellent grades