IB Design Technology
The IB (International Baccalaureate) Design Technology course is a part of the IB Diploma Programme. This course is designed to develop students' skills in technological innovation, problem-solving, and creative design. Students engage in a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical application to understand the impact of technology on individuals, societies, and the environment.
Key elements of the IB Design Technology course include investigating and analyzing design problems, developing and testing prototypes, and considering the ethical implications of technological solutions. The curriculum encompasses various design disciplines, encouraging students to explore product design, architecture, fashion, and other technological fields. Assessment includes both internally and externally evaluated components, emphasizing critical thinking, collaboration, and the application of design principles. Ultimately, the IB Design Technology course aims to cultivate informed and responsible technologists who can contribute to sustainable and ethical advancements in the field.
Join this course to develop practical and theoretical skills in technological innovation, problem-solving, and creative design, fostering a holistic understanding of the ethical and sustainable impact of technology on individuals and societies.
Official Course Page
We also offer paper marking services for this course. Having your practice papers marked will give you a clear idea of where and how to improve. Please click here to learn more.
What Will I Learn?
- Understanding and applying the principles of design thinking
- Developing practical skills in designing, prototyping, and creating technological solutions
- Proficiency in using various tools, equipment, and technologies
- Understanding the properties and applications of different materials in design
- Consideration of material sustainability and environmental impact
- Incorporating human factors into design solutions
- Exploring cutting-edge technologies and their impact on design
- Mastery of core curriculum topics
- Unique question-specific strategies
- Exam techniques practiced through extensive question practice and personalised feedback
- Lifelong subject and interdisciplinary skills