IB Visual Arts
The IB Visual Arts course is a dynamic exploration of artistic expression within the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme. It empowers students to cultivate their creativity, critical thinking, and technical skills across a variety of artistic media. Through the study of art history, exploration of diverse cultural influences, and engagement with contemporary art practices, students develop a deep understanding of visual language.
The course encourages students to express personal perspectives, fostering a lifelong appreciation for the arts while preparing them for further study or careers in creative fields. Assessment includes a portfolio of studio work, a process portfolio documenting artistic inquiry, and a comparative study that explores connections between different artists and cultures.
Join this course to nurture artistic growth, individual expression, and a broader understanding of the role of art in society.
Official Course Page
We also offer paper marking services for this course. Having your practice papers marked will give you a clear idea of where and how to improve. Please click here to learn more.
What Will I Learn?
- Mastery of core curriculum topics
- Unique question-specific strategies
- Exam techniques practised through extensive question practice and personalised feedback
- Learn the dynamics and nature of the arts
- Learn to perceive and analyse visual arts
- An applied understanding and appreciation of the subject beyond the syllabus
- Lifelong subject and interdisciplinary skills