The IB Music course is an enriching exploration of music within the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme. Designed to cultivate a deep understanding of musical elements and styles, students engage in both theoretical study and practical application. The curriculum encompasses diverse musical traditions, historical periods, and contemporary genres.
Through the study of music theory, music analysis, and performance, students develop critical listening skills, musical expression, and proficiency in one or more instruments. The course encourages creativity, collaboration, and an appreciation for the cultural and historical contexts of music. Assessment includes both internal and external components, evaluating students' skills in performance, composition, and musical analysis. Ultimately, the IB Music course nurtures a lifelong passion for music while fostering a well-rounded understanding of its cultural and artistic significance.
Official Course Page
Head over to the official IB website for access to read further:
The arts: Music
We also offer paper marking services for this course. Having your practice papers marked will give you a clear idea of where and how to improve. Please click here to learn more.
What Will I Learn?
- Mastery of core curriculum topics
- Unique question-specific strategies
- Exam techniques practised through extensive question practice and personalised feedback
- Explore the wide range of music - including the different forms of expression and the impact of culture on music
- Learn to evaluate and analyse the different forms of music
- An applied understanding and appreciation of the subject beyond the syllabus
- Lifelong subject and interdisciplinary skills