Songs of Ourselves
Songs of Ourselves is a poetry set text for the 0475/0408 IGCSE English Literature Exams from 2021-2024
Parts of Songs of Ourselves Volume 1 are set for study in Cambridge IGCSE, O Level and Cambridge International AS & A Level Literature syllabuses. The anthology includes work from over 100 poets, combining famous names such as William Wordsworth, Maya Angelou and Seamus Heaney with lesser-known voices. This helps students create fresh and interesting contrasts as they explore themes that range from love to death.
This course is being taught as a group workshop during specific times of the academic year, in correlation with exam dates.
We also offer paper marking services for this course. Having your practice papers marked will help give you a clear idea of where and how to improve. Please click here to know more.
What Will I Learn?
- Make effective literature notes and mind maps
- Understand genre specific literary devices
- Explore effects created by the writer’s use of language devices and narrative style
- Link ideas to essay questions in an insightful manner
- Unique question-specific strategies
- Exam techniques practiced through extensive question practice and personalised feedback
- Time management strategies