IGCSE English Literature (0475)
Our English Literature programme enables learners to read, interpret and evaluate texts through the study of literature in English. Through study of great novelists, poets and dramatists from around the world, learners acquire lifelong skills in interpreting and evaluating texts. Our classes also encourage the exploration of wider and universal issues.
1:1 and Group Classes
We teach a hybrid model of solo and regular timetabled group classes (currently online). We assess the individual needs of every student and, partnering with parents, mutually decide on an appropriate course of study for the student. Our general recommendation is that students start their learning in a group class and once core theory has been understood, group sessions can be complemented with solo classes to consolidate learning and address any specific concerns.
We also offer paper marking services for this course. Having your practice papers marked will help give you a clear idea of where and how to improve. Please click here to know more.
Some of the literary texts that we teach at Young Scholarz are listed below. You may click on each one to read more about that text. In case you are unable to find your literary text listed here, please contact us and we’ll try and arrange for it to be taught as well.
What Will I Learn?
- Mastery of core curriculum topics
- Unique question-specific strategies
- Exam techniques practiced through extensive question practice and personalised feedback
- Time management strategies
- An applied understanding and appreciation of the subject beyond the syllabus
- Lifelong subject and interdisciplinary skills
- How to achieve excellent grades