The Sound of Waves
The Sound of Waves by Yukio Mishima is a set text for the 0408 IGCSE World Literature exams in 2021 to 2024.
Set in a remote fishing village in Japan, The Sound of Waves is a timeless story of first love. It tells of Shinji, a young fisherman and Hatsue, the beautiful daughter of the wealthiest man in the village. Shinji is entranced at the sight of Hatsue in the twilight on the beach and they fall in love. When the villagers’ gossip threatens to divide them, Shinji must risk his life to prove his worth.
This course is being taught as a group workshop during specific times of the academic year, in correlation with exam dates.
We also offer paper marking services for this course. Having your practice papers marked will help give you a clear idea of where and how to improve. Please click here to know more.
What Will I Learn?
- Make effective literature notes and mind maps
- Understand genre specific literary devices
- Explore effects created by the writer’s use of language devices and narrative style
- Link ideas to essay questions in an insightful manner
- Unique question-specific strategies
- Exam techniques practiced through extensive question practice and personalised feedback
- Time management strategies