The current situation has resulted in transformational changes in the world of education and work lives which will last for a decade, to say the least. These transformational changes have also led to a paradigm shift in the mindsets of people. We are adapting to newer things on a daily basis and trying to inculcate the good things in our habitual routine. While personal interactions have reduced drastically due to social distancing, virtual connections and networking have witnessed an unprecedented surge across all platforms.
Most universities and educators have also constantly been striving to establish a seamless system of imparting online education. Online education, if executed the right way, can be more immersive and intimate for the students. Education lays the foundation on which principles are built and online classes enhance that by ensuring direct communication with the students. Over 50% of students pursuing higher education have also taken an online course in the past year. Students across the globe have expressed their positive views on how online classes are more intriguing and fun. According to research, 60% of internet users have reported that online classes are preferable to fit their lifestyle and schedule. Let’s explore why this experience is actually more enjoyable and engaging.
1. Group Interactions A certain feeling of loneliness has crept in the minds of everyone. Students are no different as they enjoy the process of co-existence. Online classes have been turned into group classes that enable group interactions amongst the students. This gives them room to present their ideas, exchange knowledge, indulge in healthy debates, and develop their soft skills.
2. Interactive Videos Offline classes used traditional modes of instructional methodology, but online classes have opened up the opportunity of presenting and engaging with dynamic content. Dynamic content or videos have a higher rate of registering in the minds of these students, who are constantly navigating through social media trying to find suitable content. Videos simplify the concepts and help in creating a compelling experience for the students.
3. Creative Assignments Most students feel the pressure when they have lifeless projects and assignments piling up, one after the other. They lose the interest of donning their creative hats to do these projects. Online training has formulated unconventional projects, keeping in mind the interest of the students, which allow their creative juices to flow and actually enjoy the process of doing assignments without feeling the pressure. Group projects also enable the students to exhibit their unique style of representation.
4. Sharing Individual Experience The youth of today are constantly under the misconception of seeking validation from everyone for everything they do. When they are unable to receive the validation, they tread on a path of disconnect and disinterest. The model followed for online teaching is flexible and fluid, to support the students in every way. It’s also a place for them to collectively or individually share their experience, in the hope of helping the other. For instance, if they find an effective method to solve a particular Math problem, they share it with their peers in the group class. This helps in creating a conducive environment for students to grow.
5. Collaborative Approach The power of collaboration is coherent. Newer ideas are born out of a collaborative approach, where students engage in activities such as brainstorming, ideating, analyzing, scrutinizing, and then deciphering the outcome. Online classes facilitate the free flow of communication between the teacher and the student, where they can learn from each other. This helps in building the confidence of the students and develops a sense of reliability.
At Young Scholarz, we ensure that your learning experience is thoroughly enjoyable and the teachings stay with you for a lifetime. To know more about our engagement led learning, write to us on [email protected].