Set in the last 3 decades of the 20th century, and across multiple cities and countries, Boston, New York, Calcutta, and so on, The Namesake tells the story of the Gangulis, a Bengali American family, and their journey through love, loss, and identity in a foreign land.
Join this workshop to study the wide range of themes explored in this novel, ranging from culture, race, to love, family, and relationships.
Learn to study and analyze the novel, with an in-depth understanding of the characters, techniques, and tools used by the author to achieve its purpose.
How will this benefit you?
- Learn how to identify important parts of a novel.
- Analyze the novel in terms of themes, devices, and tools to support your answer.
- Extract and memorize quotes from the novel to support your answer.
- Organize ideas and opinions in a logical sequence.
- Learn unique question-specific strategies.
- Practice exam questions and be given thorough feedback.
- Achieve excellent grades!
Students between grades 8-10 who wish to practise and seek guidance for English Literature.
Start Time in SGT9:00am
End Time in SGT11:00am