I have a Master’s degree in Mathematics and have been teaching Math at the undergraduate and pre-university level since 1989 with over 32 years of experience. In particular, I have taught the IB and IGCSE since 2009. I am also a qualified IB Examiner for Mathematics HL/SL internal assessment and HL Papers.
My specific areas of expertise:
- Create teaching modules by way of GeoGebra/ Mindmaps with crisp ideas and easy learning.
- Develop Jigsaw puzzles to aid students quickly learn the concepts, particularly use the Tarsia Puzzle software and create material to teach complex numbers, calculus, sketching graphs, indices and logarithms, for IB/IGCSE and teaching algebraic methods for middle school.
- Provide worksheets of easy, medium and challenging levels to stimulate the creative and logical mathematical thinking of students.
- Make the learning of mathematics interesting by providing anecdotes crafted from the life history of mathematicians.
- Guide students in mathematical extended essay, helping them improve their grades to “A and B”.
- Guide and recommend students in the application process for higher studies at premium colleges/universities in the US and UK.
With well over 13 years of IB/IGCSE teaching experience, my focussed objective has been to help students strengthen their grasp and command across:
- Mathematics Higher Level, Mathematics Standard Level, Both AA and AI for Grade XI and XII.
- Additional Mathematics, International Mathematics, Extended Mathematics for the IGCSE Program for Grade IX and X.