Design & Technology – 0445
The Cambridge IGCSE Design and Technology syllabus is designed in a way that will help students identify, consider and solve problems through creative thinking, planning and design, and by working with different media, materials and tools.
Our course will provide knowledge and understanding of the development of ICT systems, networks, and their safe use. It will help the students build the ability to use a broad range of ICT skills like gathering, processing, and manipulating data. It will also help to understand the rapid changes of ICT in a technology-based world and the impact ICT has on the world.
All candidates will need to take three papers. Paper 1 and Component 2 are compulsory papers and the third is a choice between Papers 3, 4, and 5. The evaluation for the programme is based on two types of assessment – External and Internal.
Join this course for an in-depth understanding of the topics and sufficient preparation for your exams!
Official Course Page
Head over to the official Cambridge website to read further.
We also offer paper marking services for this course. Having your practice papers marked will help give you a clear idea of where and how to improve. Please click here to know more.
What Will I Learn?
- Mastery of core curriculum topics
- Unique question-specific strategies
- Exam techniques practised through extensive question practice and personalized feedback
- Develop creative thinking in areas relevant to design and technology
- Apply problem-solving skills to practical and technological problems
- Gain knowledge and understanding of design and technology
- Develop skills in research and investigation
- Design and make products, taking into consideration sustainability and the wider impact on society
- Develop the ability to make aesthetic, economic, ethical and technical value judgments.