EdExcel Language (Specification A) 9-1
The Edexcel GCSE Language A component has incorporated the study of texts as well as creative writing. It includes reading and analysing fiction as well as non-fiction prose and poetry. With a section of imaginative writing, it intends to teach students to use their own creativity and deliver a written piece based on the prompts provided in the paper. Transactional writing in component 1 deals with facts, opinions, and the real world that include magazine articles, journaling, and obituaries.
What Will I Learn?
- Mastery of core curriculum topics
- Learn to read, understand, and analyse a variety of texts
- Identify how writers use various devices to achieve their effects
- Write clearly with a wide range of vocabulary
- Communicate effectively, learning the form, tone, and register
- Develop your critical thinking and the ability to write down your own understanding of the text
- Exam techniques practiced through extensive question practice and personalised feedback
- Lifelong subject and interdisciplinary skills