IGCSE Global Perspectives
IGCSE Global Perspectives does not just focus on gaining knowledge – it emphasizes the development and application of skills that must remain for life. This course lays the platform to enquire and reflect on key global issues from a range of perspectives on a personal, national, and global scale. It advocates being updated with global issues and exploring various solutions through cooperation and collaboration.
The main objective is not to teach something to the students, or feed any kind of knowledge, but to open up the minds of every student to the real world and have them empathize with humanity and their issues.
The IGCSE Global Perspectives Course is accepted and recognised as equivalent to the UK GCSEs by leading universities in the world.
This course is divided into three components:
- Component 1 – This is a written examination carrying 70 marks. Candidates are asked to answer four mandatory questions, and include short answer questions as well as extended responses. This component is externally assessed.
- Component 2 – This is an individual report carrying 60 marks. Candidates are expected to carry out research on one topic area of a personal, local/national, or global significance. They have the freewill to choose their own titles. This component is internally set and externally assessed.
- Component 3 – Involves a group project, worth 70 marks. The group shall devise and develop a collaborative project into an aspect of one of the topics given. This project has two elements – a team element (10 marks) as well as a personal element (60 marks). This paper is internally assessed and externally moderated.
What Will I Learn?
- Mastery of core curriculum topics
- Unique question-specific strategies
- Research, analyse, and evaluate information
- Develop and justify a line of reasoning
- Reflection of different perspectives objectively
- Become independent and empower oneself to make their place in a dynamic world
- The skills to collaborate and achieve a common outcome
- Exam techniques practiced through extensive question practice and personalised feedback
- Lifelong subject and interdisciplinary skills