IGCSE Government Inspector
Written by Nikolai Gogol, Government Inspector is a set text for IGCSE 0475 English Literature exams, scheduled for 2021.
Originally performed in 1836, this play revolves around corruption of officials in an obscure provincial town in a Russian state. This farcical drama spans across 5 acts, in which a well-dressed windbag named Ivan Khlestakov has been mistaken for a government inspector and bribed by village officials to keep mum about their maladministration. Their celebration of success comes to a halt by a significant revelation by the end of the play.
Join this course to partake in the study and analysis of this classic play, which exemplifies itself as a comedy of manners, and explore the various themes and devices used in the play.
We also offer paper marking services for this course. Having your practice papers marked will help give you a clear idea of where and how to improve. Please click here to know more.
What Will I Learn?
- Learn to make effective notes and mind maps
- Understand devices, themes, and style used in the play
- Learn how the writer brings effect through language and style
- Mastery of core curriculum topics
- Unique question-specific strategies
- Exam techniques practiced through extensive question practice and personalised feedback
- An applied understanding and appreciation of the subject beyond the syllabus
- Lifelong subject and interdisciplinary skills