The purpose of this course is to stimulate an interest in and enthusiasm for learning about the past and to promote the acquisition of knowledge and understanding of individuals, people and societies in the past. It aims to give an understanding of the nature and use of historical evidence to learners. The course enables students to learn key historical concepts like cause and consequence, change and continuity, and similarity and difference. It aims to encourage international understanding and encourages the development of historical skills, including investigation, analysis, evaluation and communication skills.
What Will I Learn?
- Mastery of core curriculum topics
- Unique question-specific strategies
- Exam techniques practiced through extensive question practice and personalised feedback
- Time management strategies
- An applied understanding and appreciation of the subject beyond the syllabus
- Lifelong subject and interdisciplinary skills
- How to achieve excellent grades