Our IB Economics programme is designed to enable students to gain international perspectives, foster a concern for global issues and raise their awareness of their own responsibilities at a local, national and international level. The IB Diploma Programme Economics course forms part of group 3 – individuals and societies.
The modules focus on economic scarcity, its effects, how to efficiently manage it, and the balance between private and public sector industries. ultimately creating an understanding of the complexities and interdependence of economic activities in a rapidly changing world.
1:1 and Group Classes
We teach a hybrid model of solo and regular timetabled group classes (currently online). We assess the individual needs of every student and, partnering with parents, mutually decide on an appropriate course of study for the student. Our general recommendation is that students start their learning in a group class and once core theory has been understood, group sessions can be complemented with solo classes to consolidate learning and address any specific concerns.
We also offer paper marking services for this course. Having your practice papers marked will help give you a clear idea of where and how to improve. Please click here to know more.
What Will I Learn?
- Mastery of core curriculum topics
- Unique question-specific strategies
- Exam techniques practiced through extensive question practice and personalised feedback
- Time management strategies
- An applied understanding and appreciation of the subject beyond the syllabus
- Lifelong subject and interdisciplinary skills
- How to achieve excellent grades