The IB course in Geography integrates physical, environmental and human geography. Students acquire elements of both socio-economic and scientific methodologies in Geography. It takes advantage of its position to examine relevant concepts and ideas from a wide variety of disciplines, helping students develop life skills and have an appreciation of, and a respect for, alternative approaches, viewpoints and ideas. Students learning this course are presented with a common core and optional geographic themes. HL students also study the HL core extension. Although the skills and activity of studying geography are common to all students, HL students are required to acquire a further body of knowledge, to demonstrate critical evaluation and to further synthesize the concepts in the HL extension.
What Will I Learn?
- Mastery of core curriculum topics
- Unique question-specific strategies
- Exam techniques practiced through extensive question practice and personalised feedback
- Time management strategies
- An applied understanding and appreciation of the subject beyond the syllabus
- Lifelong subject and interdisciplinary skills
- How to achieve excellent grades