IB Mathematics: Applications and Interpretation
The aim of the IB Mathematics: Applications and Interpretation course, is to develop an understanding of the concepts, principles and nature of mathematics in order to communicate mathematics clearly and confidently, thus developing logical and creative thinking, and problem solving capabilities. Furthermore, the course will develop a consciousness of how developments in technology and mathematics influence each other.
1:1 and Group Classes
We teach a hybrid model of solo and regular timetabled group classes (currently online). We assess the individual needs of every student and, partnering with parents, mutually decide on an appropriate course of study for the student. Our general recommendation is that students start their learning in a group class and once core theory has been understood, group sessions can be complemented with solo classes to consolidate learning and address any specific concerns.
What Will I Learn?
- Mastery of core curriculum topics
- Unique question-specific strategies
- Exam techniques practiced through extensive question practice and personalised feedback
- Time management strategies
- An applied understanding and appreciation of the subject beyond the syllabus
- Lifelong subject and interdisciplinary skills
- How to achieve excellent grades