IB Sports Science
The IB Sports, Exercise and Health Science course has two levels: Standard Level (SL) and Higher Level (HL). Students will explore the concepts, theories, models, and techniques that are essential to the subject of science with respect to exercise and health. Through these aspects, they will develop their understanding of the scientific method.
The syllabus is designed such that it would help draw students’ attention to its international-mindedness. An increasing recognition of the international nature of scientific problems has led to a global approach to research in various fields of science. For example, the brilliant work of the World Health Organisation (WHO) led to the eradication of smallpox from the face of the earth. Scientific knowledge has great power to transform societies, and the IB program aims to promote this very knowledge.
What Will I Learn?
- Mastery of core curriculum topics
- Unique question-specific strategies
- Exam techniques practiced through extensive question practice and personalised feedback
- An applied understanding and appreciation of the subject beyond the syllabus
- Appreciate scientific study and creativity within the global framework
- Acquire and apply a plethora of scientific knowledge, methods, and techniques
- Develop the ability to analyse, evaluate, and synthesize information
- Lifelong subject and interdisciplinary skills